Throughout your life, you’re more than likely to receive endless pieces of advice. Some comments will stay with you for years to come, and others you may simply roll your eyes at and do your best to ignore.
I thought I would share some thoughts, quotes and pieces of advice that have stayed with me over the years.
1. ‘What you put out comes back all the time – no matter what.’
2. ‘Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day.’
3. ‘Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.’
4. ‘Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind’.
5. ‘Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn’t okay, it isn’t the end.’
6. ‘Trust your instincts. Intuition doesn’t lie.’
7. ‘There will be many you can live with, but few you can’t life without’.
8. ‘Love doesn’t hurt; it feels really good.’
9. ‘Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.’
10. ‘This too shall pass.’
And on a similar note, a fantastic quote from Greys Anatomy:
“The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can’t pretend we haven’t been told. We’ve all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day.
Still, sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today’s possibility under tomorrow’s rug, until we can’t anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin meant:
That knowing is better than wondering. That waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst, most intractable mistake, beats the hell out of never trying.”
What’s the best advice you’ve been given?